This year’s Coppell Middle School West Student Council is a very active student organization led by elected Student Officers and an elected Executive Board. The officers and board are greatly assisted by a large group of student representatives. Any student can become a "representative" by completing an application, attending all Student Council meetings for representatives and being active in the organization by participating in the many service projects which have been created. These three groups make up the Coppell West Student Council. This year's CMS West Student Council Advisors are: Mrs. Laila Sanguras, Mrs. Shari Zoda and Mr. Vern Edin.
The Coppell West Student Council provides 6th, 7th and 8th grade students with the opportunity to join a student-led "service organization" created to:
- Develop school spirit activities for all students which improve the school climate
- Provide students with opportunities serve the needs of students at Coppell West, serve the Coppell Community's needs through various service projects and recognize the efforts of various Coppell ISD employees (Teachers, Transportation, Maintenance, Support Groups, CISD School Board, etc.)
- Serve as a student organization which can work with the Coppell M.S. West Administration and Faculty to continue to improve opportunities for students
- Support various student leadership activities (Texas Red Ribbon Week, Welcoming New Families to Coppell West, etc.)
This year's Coppell Middle School West Student Council will be led by the following Student Officers and Executive Board Members:
- President: Katy Yut
- Vice Presidents: Manu Garikipati (8th Grade) and Allison White (7th Grade)
- Program Coordinators: Rooks Hunter, Avery Mullins, Murphy Scott
- Secretary: Manali Gore
- Historian: Carson Reynolds
- Executive Board: Morgan Widner, Daniel Fernandez, KM Madiraju, Connor Hubble, Casey Landefeld, Ryan MacDonald, Isaac Colter, Abhi Manivanna, Marisa Garcia, Surbhi Kumar, Emily Petty, Riley Phillips and Brittney Deckerd.
The Coppell Middle School West Student Council has been active in the following activities this school year:
- Welcome Night for new students and their families at the beginning of the school year
- Texas Red Ribbon Week decorating red ribbons throughout the school campus in promoting "Just Say No to Drug Abuse"
- Bus Driver Appreciation Breakfast to show our appreciation to the Transportation Department
- Veterans DayProgram - Assist with welcoming veterans to the special CMS West Campus Veterans Day Program Make A Child Smile – City of Coppell Holiday Angel Tree Program during the Christmas Holiday Season
- Elmcroft Assisted Living Living Center - Holiday Celebration for Senior Citizens (Band, Choir and Student Council) – "Party with a Senior"
- Austin Street Homeless Shelter - Create and fill 450 holiday goodie bags for homeless individuals on Christmas morning
- Valentine Dance and Games Night - Campus Social for all students
- Spring Clean-up and Campus Planting - Planting spring flower beds, mulching trees and bushes
- Welcome Home American Soldiers - Welcome troops coming back from overseas at the DFW Airport