I am proud to be a Mockingbird Maverick.
I am kind to others.
I take care of my school.
I use my best manners.
I walk and I am quiet in the halls.
I am prepared for learning today
We are building Mavericks of Character through:
- Love and Logic
- R Time
- Words of Wisdom
- Maverick of the Week Recognition
- TEAM MKB All-Stars Principal Recognition
- Student Leadership Teams – Student Council, Safety Patrol, Recycling Team, Flag Crew, Video Crew
- Mighty Maverick Awards
- Classroom MVP Star Trophy
- NAESP American Citizenship Award
- Service Learning Projects
- Yellow Dino
- Red Ribbon Week
- Conflict Wheel
- Nana Puddin’, K-2
- Guidance Lessons, including anti-bullying
- How to Fill a Bucket
- Pinwheels for Peace
- Veteran’s Day Ceremony
- Individual Goal Setting
- CISD at the Ballpark Character Recognition
Mockingbird met Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) on all indicators of the No Child Left Behind Act.
Mockingbird received an "Exemplary" state accountability rating for the 2010-2011 school year from the Texas Education Agency.