Those interested in conducting research with the Coppell ISD must submit an application if the research/evaluation project includes collecting and/or using individual-level data from or about CISD students, staff, or parents (e.g., observations, surveys, tests, interviews, focus groups, filming, or other direct data-gathering methodologies). Active consent for student participation must be obtained from parents/guardians before data can be collected or any individually identifiable student information can be released. Individual students, staff, and schools may not be identified in any research or evaluation product. The district requests a complete copy of your research once it is concluded. No data collection is allowed on testing days.
Review Process Information
Proposals are reviewed by a committee of at least 3 reviewers who score the application using a rubric with the following criteria
- Use of CISD’s time and resources
- Value of the research project to CISD as a whole, CISD campuses, and the field of education
- Relationship to Pinnacle 2020 (District Strategic Plan), District Improvement Plan, or other key district initiatives
- Level of data extraction from central records
- Design of the study
- Documents and instrumentation
Applications for projects beginning as early as the following fall are due June 1
Applications for projects beginning no sooner than the following spring are due October 31
Effective immediately: CISD will not accept external research proposals for projects that include student or staff data collection at any of the CISD campuses until further notice.