Through the CHS Virtual Learning Program, learners are allowed to take up to 10 credits online from approved online course providers. Whether you want to graduate early or just want to get some classes out of the way to free up your schedule down the road, the Virtual Learning Program is a perfect option.
- Of the number of credits required for graduation (26), learners may have a maximum of 10 credits from approved external providers.
- learners pay the fees to take the courses from external providers including textbook costs. Fees vary by course and by provider.
- Learners must provide their own technology appropriate for the online courses.
- Learners will sign a virtual learning agreement prior to beginning the program.
- The list of approved external providers and courses is available on the CISD Virtual Learning website under the Options for Learners tab on the left sidebar of this page: http://www.coppellisd.com/Page/536
- Additional information about signing up for the Virtual Learning Program is also available on the website.
- Most courses offered through the Virtual Learning Program will receive Level 2 GPA.
- Advanced Placement (AP) and dual credit courses taken through the Virtual Learning Program will receive Level 3 GPA.
Summer Course Taking Options
- During the summer, learners may take up to 3 credits through the Virtual Learning Program.
- Participation may begin as early as the summer between 8th and 9th grade.
Fall and Spring Semester Options
- 9th Graders
- Maximum of 1 virtual learning course per semester
- Can be taken as part of your 7 period day; you will be scheduled for the virtual learning lab during one of your 7 periods.
- Can be taken as an 8th class completely on your own time outside of school.
- 10th Graders
- Maximum of 2 virtual learning courses per semester
- Can be taken as part of your 7 period day; you will be schedule for the virtual learning lab during one or two of your 7 periods.
- Can be taken as additional classes completely on your own time outside of school.
- 11/12th Graders
- Maximum of 3 virtual learning courses per semester
- You may have a release period for each virtual learning course you take.
- You must have at least four courses at CHS.
- Additional restrictions may apply based on performance monitoring.